A leading architectural practice close to London Bridge and Waterloo is seeking an experienced Technical Director to join its team in London to head up and oversee the technical and delivery side of the studio’s portfolio. They are a design led studio working across all sectors from residential, commercial mixed use developments to significant international urban masterplans and city-making strategies.
This is a critical role as many of their projects are now entering stage 4+ as the market seems to be picking up and project are moving into post-planning. This business are renowned for beautifully created larger scheme projects spanning both the more traditional house builders, social housing and high-end developments. You should have at least 7-10 years’ of experience in a similar role.
Doubtless you should be very strong technically. The role will also include building and nurturing client relations, business development and helping to win future work. This is an opportunity to join a vibrant practice at a senior level and help lead and shape its fast growth.
The right candidate MUST meet the following primary criteria:
· Experience delivering large scale residential projects in the UK
· All RIBA Stages with particular focus on Stages 3 to 6 experience
· Exceptional technical knowledge and skills in construction detailing and documentation
· Knowledge of Revit/BIM
· Experience overseeing several large projects at any one time
· Experience in liaising with Clients, Stakeholders and Local Authorities
· Experience in coordinating wider design team/ consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors
· Experience controlling overall design programme
· Thorough knowledge of Building Regulations and new Part B and Part L
· Experience working with NHBC
· Specification writing, reviewing, editing
· Experience in clearing planning conditions (pre-commencement and pre-occupation)
· Intimate knowledge of and experience in exterior brick cladding system
· Excellent communication skills and ability to nurture, foster and inspire quality
Salary Range £65 – £75k per annum
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Portfolio to email@example.com or give us a ring on 020 3983 7265