An award winning architecture, master planning and urban design practice in operation for 40 years is now looking for a design led architect to join their team. You would be working on a range of large scheme residential projects with differing typologies. This could include high-density projects in constrained sites to working in more spacious rural settings spread across a larger footprint. Their ethos as a practice is to intelligently balance competing issues of density, community involvement, heritage, and commercial viability whilst promoting exemplary design standards.
More recently, the business was bought out by the senior leaders and a new generation of change is taking place. As such, this is a wonderful opportunity to contribute and grow with the studio.
They are presently rebranding and will undoubtedly explain the exciting direction of the business more fully during interview stage but one thing we can assure you of is that they describe their future as bold whilst they continue to secure relationships with a large range of clients across placemaking. Sustainability is a huge aspect for this practice and they encourage anyone with a sincere passion for placemaking and sustainability to apply.
The role itself is to work on one or two of one of the many projects that they have at the very earliest stages. With this is mind ideal candidates will have/be:
- RIBA Part 3 qualification/ARB registered
- Right to work in the UK
- Experience in stages 0-3 of medium to large housing schemes
- Excellent experience in planning
- Enthusiasm, with the ability to lead a small team
- A good drawing hand and an eye for detail
- Strong design, communication presentation and graphic skills are essential
- The capability to collaborate, to innovate and to learn
- A good working knowledge of ArchiCAD or Vectorworks would be beneficial or happy to learn either platform.
- Salary up to £45k
Finally, you should have a flair for design and experience working on high-quality projects demonstrated through a beautiful portfolio of work, demonstrating their ability to contribute to the design ethos of the practice.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com.