A creative design studio based in London, that works across the fields of architecture, interiors and product design, is looking for a mid-weight designer. You will be initially working on a hospitality and commercial projects both at RIBA stage 3. They need a good all-rounder to join the team that has experience in hospitality or workplace projects. You should feel comfortable in putting together good
The exciting thing about this role is that you will the chance to be involved in some of their most exciting projects. You should feel comfortable dealing directly with clients and contractors and have experience across all stages from concept design through to completion.
They are based in South London in a shared office space with lots of other creatives. You will get the chance to work alongside other businesses in an incubator type environment where ideas are often thrown across the room.
The business itself are ten people and will grow with time and according to projects. You would be involved in new members club in central London, Hotel projects in in Europe, two new-build houses the refurbishment of a Grade 2 listed heritage building. Quite the mix!
Above all, we are looking for someone who will fit in with the little family of talented architects and interior designers we have created. Someone with confidence and character that would enjoy being part of a growing design studio.
Skills and qualifications:
· You should have at least three+ years’ post-qualification experience of commercial, hotel and residential projects
· Some experience in liaising directly with clients and coordinating with other consultants, specialists and suppliers
· Confidence in attending site meetings on behalf of the company and the client, reporting to senior designer or director
· Since they are a smaller practice you will need to take ownership of projects, working independently and effectively to prioritise daily workload
· Experience in custom joinery, furniture, lighting and fixed finishes as part of producing technical packages and detailed drawings
· eExperience in commenting on both contractor and architects/consultants’ drawings and
· Experience in FF&E, sourcing, coordination and scheduling, along with a good knowledge of industry trends
· Excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal English
· You MUST have Vectorworks (essential)
· Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Photoshop (essential)
· Microsoft Office; Excel; Word and Outlook are (essential)
· SketchUp (essential)
· Working Hours - 9-6
· Holidays – 20 they close at Xmas
· Twice a week CPD
· Drinks every Friday
· Flexible Working which will continue post craziness!
· Salary £28k-£35k
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org