An ambitious and renowned studio located close to Goodge street are currently looking for up to 3 project running architects to join their team as part of a restructuring program during this exciting time of expansion for the practice. The practice itself number 20 young and diverse architects and designers and they have a refreshingly varied portfolio including: mixed-use, high-end residential, high-end healthcare, and commercial projects. At present, they have over 30 live residential projects of different scales and scopes at various RIBA Stages. Much of their work is focussed on central London (zones 1-2) where they have developed long-term relationships with a strong portfolio of discerning high-end developer clients. Up to 95% of their work is a result of repeat clients and referrals – testament to their proven track record of delivering superb designs of the highest quality through a collaborative and personable process.
A key component of this practice is their total transparency with all staff members. This is a studio that truly recognises staff as their most valuable asset and continue to develop their internal HR systems to ensure their staff are rewarded and recognised for their invaluable contributions to the studio at all times ensuring their health and well-being are well looked after. All members are aware of the financials of each project and share in the success of the studio through annual bonus’ of between 10-20% of annual salary (for the last 3 years, distributed bonus’ have been between 15%-18%). In addition, the studio offers 30 minutes flexibility between start and finish times – steering away from a long-working hours culture and introducing an open forum in which all staff can be heard and are encouraged to share their suggestions for the betterment of the studio. There is very much a family feel in the office and you will always be supported by the more senior staff.
As part of a small team and with guidance from an associate, you will be involved in various projects in the studio dependent on the requirements at the time. This position is part of the studio’s growth plan and is not a hire based on one specific new project – the studio is exceptionally busy and will find a project and a team that best aligns with your skills, experience and aspirations.
Core requirements Include:
· Experience running private and multi-unit, developer-led, high-end residential projects in London
· Excellent knowledge of UK Building Regulations
· Experience in running design team meetings
· Ability to liaise and coordinate directly with clients, consultants, contractors, and suppliers
· Experience across all the RIBA stages including producing quick feasibility studies and planning applications.
· Strong technical design and construction detailing skills
· An interest in infusing historic architecture with innovative and appropriate contemporary interventions.
· Genuine promotion opportunities based on a system of meritocracy
· Holiday Entitlement: 20 days (Increasing by 1 day per year after 2 years employment up to a max. 25 days)
· Working Hours: 0900–1800 (Flexible start and finish time between 0830-0930 and 1730-1830)
· Annual discretionary performance bonus after 12 months full employment. In recent years these have been between 10-20%.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.